Below are details on how to make a complaint against an article on Hillingdon Today or one of our volunteers.
Complaints should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before a complaint will be considered, complainants should provide their name, email and, if possible, their telephone number.
- If the complaint is about an article it must include:
- The name and date of the publication
- Page reference of the specific article complained about and the URL to the web version of the article
- URL link to any visual or audio element of the complaint
- A written account of what is being complained about with clear reference made to any specific words or phrases in the article that are relevant to the complaint
The desired outcome or remedy sought by the complainant
If the complaint is about the conduct or behaviour of a volunteer or contributor to Hillingdon Today it must include:
- The name(s) of the individual(s) being complained about (if known) or any other information which may identify the individual(s)
- A written account of what is being complained about with clear reference made to (i) the nature of the behaviour or conduct being complained about including any relevant times, dates, correspondence or other evidence to support the complaint
- The desired outcome or remedy sought by the complainant
Receipt of a complaint will be acknowledged within seven days, and a final decision letter issued within 21 days.
Hillingdon Today will also make reasonable efforts to contact a complainant by telephone or email to ensure that sufficient information is provided to respond to the complaint.
Hillingdon Today Complaints Policy, last updated 01/01/2021.