Firefighters called to fire Clayton Road

Clayton Road street sign | Hillingdon Today

Eight fire engines from Hillingdon, Southall, Chiswick and Northolt fire stations were called to tackle a fire in a flat on Clayton Road in Hayes last Saturday (23 April) evening just after 5pm.

Part of a flat on the first floor of a mixed-use block was damaged by fire and most of a third-floor terrace was also damaged. There were no reports of any injuries.

The fire is believed to have been caused by the unsafe disposal of smoking materials on a terrace with timber decking.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “We’d rather you didn’t smoke at all, but if you are a smoker, it’s absolutely vital you ensure your cigarette is completely out when you’ve finished smoking it.

“If you don’t, you risk causing a fire which could not only destroy your home, but also cost you your life.”

The fire was under control just before 6:30pm.