Firefighters called to Heston house fire

Heston House Fire | Hillingdon Today
Around 40 firefighters were called the house fire on New Heston Road in Heston / London Fire Brigade

Around 40 firefighters from Heston, Feltham, Hayes, Heathrow and Ealing were called to a house fire on New Heston Road in Heston last Thursday (4 November) evening at 6:25pm.

Most of the first floor of a semi-detached house was damaged by the fire as was half of the roof. There were no reports of any injuries.

The fire was under control by 8:19pm.

Fire Investigators believe the fire was accidental and caused by an unattended candle.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Candles are one of the most common causes of fires in the home and you should be careful when using them.

“It’s really important that you never leave them unattended and keep them away from anything that could catch fire such as curtains, furniture or clothes.

“We recommend swapping traditional candles for LED flameless ones as they are much safer, but if you do use real candles, follow our simple safety tips.”