Three fire engines called to Hayes house fire

Blyth Road sign | Hillingdon Today

The London Fire Brigade are reminding people of their cooking safety advice after cooking overheated at a house on Blyth Road in Hayes.

Firefighters were called just after 3pm yesterday (17 November) and crews had to lead a man to safety via an internal staircase after cooking overheated in a ground floor kitchen, producing smoke. A woman was assessed on scene and a man was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service crews.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Fires are more likely to start in the kitchen than any other room in the home.

“Cooking should never be left unattended on the hob or grill – if you have to leave the kitchen, turn off the heat.”